How do I add ARM in additon to Win32 for cmakems/Tests/VSWinStorePhone?

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Hi,

How do I add the ARM platform in addition to the Win32 platform for the cmakems/Tests/VSWinStorePhone sample?

This is the cmake command I am using that let's me run the sample project on the WP81 emulator, but I would also like to run the sample on a device:
cmake -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsPhone -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1 c:/Users/matt/Documents/GitHub/cmakems/Tests/VSWinStorePhone/
I tried adding -DCMAKE_VS_PLATFORMS="Win32;ARM" to my cmake command line (as suggested at CMake for Windows Store and Windows Phone QuickStart Tutorial), but it didn't add the ARM platform to the project and instead I received this make warning:
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

CMAKE_VS_PLATFORMS
I am using the CMakeMS installer you released today, 9/2/2014:
cmake --version
cmake version 3.0.20140822
Warmest regards, Matt
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Hi Matt,

At the moment, you need to create a different per platform and select the platform through the generator:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 ARM" -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsPhone -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1 C:/Users/matt/Documents/GitHub/cmakems/Tests/VSWinStorePhone/ 
We realize that this is not the most efficient solution. I will re-publish the changes to support multiple platforms soon, on a branch for people to leverage.
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Thank you for your help gillesk - this is an OK workaround for us for now.

Warmest regards, Matt
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Hi Matt,

I've put back the support to have multiple platforms targeted from the same project. Add the following define CMAKE_VS_EFFECTIVE_PLATFORMS to specify the targets.

Here's an example that will have all three platforms in the same project file.
cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsStore -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1 -DCMAKE
_VS_EFFECTIVE_PLATFORMS=Win32;ARM;x64 C:/Users/matt/Documents/GitHub/cmakems/Tests/VSWinStorePhone/ 
You can download the binary from: https://cmakems.codeplex.com/releases/view/132284 or use the MSMultiPlatform branch.
Dec 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Hello gillesk,
thanks for the answer. Your solution does not work for Visual Studio 14 2015 with System Version 10 and the newest cmake from git.
The command:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015" -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsStore -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=10.0 -DCMAKE_VS_EFFECTIVE_PLATFORMS=Win32;ARM;x64 
ignores the CMAKE_VS_EFFECTIVE_PLATFORMS . Is there a solution available for that?

Thank you.

Best regards
Dec 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM
I'm currently using cmake 3.4 RC2. In that build, I create a different project for each CPU architecture by specifying CMAKE_GENERATOR_PLATFORM. I don't know if CMAKE_VS_EFFECTIVE_PLATFORMS is supported anymore.
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Thanks. This works.
The solution with the "Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM" parameter works for me, too.
I hoped that there is a solution so that it is possible to use one project with 3 configurations.

Best regards